Friday, December 5, 2008

Perinatologist Visit!







I went back to the Perinatologist this morning for him to measure and check on the babies and my cervix. Good news....all 3 babies are growing appropriately and cervix is good and long. Cameron is the largest at 15 ounces followed by Parker and Katelyn at 13 ounces each. Cameron is head down and Parker and Katelyn are both breech at this point. Amniotic fluid on all 3 is great, and the doctor still thinks the boys are identical with the thin membrane that separates them. Cervix measured 4.2 mm and looks good. The doctor has not put me on bedrest but on decreased activity. He wants me to get help with Savannah and stay on the couch as much as possible. This is because the more I stand and am active, the more weight the 3 babies push on my cervix and stitch which could cause the cervix to thin and begin pre-term labor. The next 8 weeks are very critical. He explained to me that at 24 weeks, the babies have a 48% chance of normal survival outside the womb and at 28 weeks, they have a 98% chance of survival. So, he wants me to rest to give these babies the best opportunity possible to stay in there as long as possible. So, I guess Savannah and I will be home a lot more in the coming weeks. Please continue to pray for the health and safety of the babies and for them to continue growing inside the womb without pre-term labor. Enjoy some pictures from today-- first one is Katelyn, then Parker, then Cameron.

1 comment:

Adventures in Swaisie Land said...

Great news and beautiful babies to be! Love the Christmas background. Love to you and the fam.