Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Update!

Had my long doctor's appt. this morning with Dr. Herzog. Highlights in a nutshell....babies are super, cervix is long at 3.9, iron is low at 10.7, blood was taken to type it and send to the lab for my Rhogam shot later this week, had a steroid shot in my hip and will have another one tomorrow morning to help develop the babies lungs, and lastly, glucose test revealed that I have gestational diabetes. I have to see a dietician at the hospital tomorrow morning after my shot for more info. and to get dietary recommendations. Dr. Herzog said they will likely cut my carbs in half. Ugh! So, not only do I get to continue bedrest, now I have to modify my diet!!!!! I am not really surprised because I have gained weight, can't exercise, and can't take the Metformin I usually take because of my Endometriosis which helps regulate my blood sugar. Good news....this will go away as soon as I give birth. Doctor said he will take the babies at 35 weeks probably depending on how my body is doing if they don't decide to come early. I will probably post tomorrow after I see the dietician.

No comments: