Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Are These Babies Ready to Come Out??????

Lots of drama in the past 24 hours.....last night, I could not sleep because the babies were moving like crazy and my stomach was cramping. Finally, at 4:30 a.m., I called the nurse in, and she put me on the monitor. Sure enough, I was having contractions every 2 minutes. Dr. Herzog was called, and he had the nurse give me a shot in the arm of turbutaline to stop the contractions. Within 3 minutes, it worked; however, my body didn't respond well to the side effect of the medication which was a rapid heartbeat. It took about 4-5 hours for it to go back down and at one time, my pulse was 135. I was miserable! I have had lots of monitoring today, and have had a few contractions but nothing regular. Trying to drink lots of water and rest. My other news is that they weighed me today, and I've lost 15 lbs. since last Monday. What???? The dietician came up to talk with me and is going to talk to the doctor. She's starting me on 2 Nestle Carnation shakes per day with 375 calories each. She wants me to eat lots of fiber and high calorie foods. I have battled my weight and being fat all my life, and now I can't eat enough for me and the babies.....so weird!!!!! Now I've only gained 25 lbs. this pregnancy. Another explanation is that I've lost fluid since most of my swelling has gone down since I've been on bedrest in the hospital. Still hoping to make it to next week. Please keep me and the babies in your prayers.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am really hoping that the Mexican food from Mon. night didn't trigger the stomach cramps, etc. Maybe the babies didn't like it. It was so nice to spend time catching up. I'll be thinking about you!

Twice*as*Nice said...

Girl, what misery! Just take comfort in knowing that you are already making mommy sacrifices for those little ones (starting with those two shakes a day)! Stay strong and thank you for keeping us posted!

Luisa

CindyMac said...

Erin and I have watching your blogs and keeping you in our prayers. Hang in there, girl!!